Most Website Owners Still Don’t Understand the Value of Social Media Marketing
Most website owners have by now become skilled at on-site search engine optimization of their website pages and blog posts with creative keyword placement, hyperlinking, anchor text, etc. However, the majority are still lacking awareness about how social media marketing has become a major factor in their PageRank results? Social media marketing is now a significant factor in achieving effective overall SEO. The quality and quantity of likes, shares, follows, and +1?s can now cause overall website and blog SEO to climb upwards exponentially.
Over the past couple of years Google (and Bing) have made major iterative improvements in their search engine algorithms to monitor social content as an indicator of the relevancy and popularity of brands and individuals in the social media sphere. They include that information in determining search engine rankings of the related websites. Consequently, it’s important to appreciate how social media impacts SEO results and for marketers to upgrade their plans to synchronize social media marketing with SEO efforts to improve search results.
People Trusting Friends Through Social Media Creates Better SEO
Search engines realize people trust friends in their social media circles. If someone is looking for recommendations they usually seek them from their friends first. The search engines grasp this and have included this phenomenon into the search algorithm. If your products and services are great and you have a healthy social media presence, you will be “liked” on Facebook or “+1’d” on Google and consequently there is a greater chance that you will show up high in a SERP (search engine results page).
Here Are Some Ideas to Help You Take Full Advantage of Social Media’s Effect on Search…
• Develop great content that is valuable and shareable by people that are relevant to you and your brand so it has a greater prospect of finding its way into several social channels.
• Increase the value of your blog with embedded social sharing buttons for all blog posts, not just on your website pages.
• Update your company social media profiles with relevant keyword-rich content.
• Make your top keywords more social.
• Get to know influencers who share your content. They can help increase your social reach online and ultimately increase the frequency at which your content gets shared.
• Use Google+, it’s important to optimize your Google+ page and regularly share content on it.